LearnSphere’s Export Market Access Program (EMAP) provides financial assistance to help you market yourself more effectively, increase your exports and grow your business.
How does EMAP work?
If you’re working to enhance the way you market and sell your exports, you may be eligible for financial assistance through EMAP to help fund:
- Market research or strategy development
- Export plan development
- Mentoring / coaching to improve export market research and planning
- Lead generation
- Development of promotional materials (brochures, catalogues, trade booth designs, etc.)
How much $ is available?
The maximum EMAP contribution is 65% of project costs, up to a maximum of $15,000 per year. Total project costs must be more than $5,000 to apply.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for financial assistance through EMAP, you must be a New Brunswick based SME or strategic partner (e.g., industry association, economic development agency or NGO) undertaking incremental activities that aim to:
- Improve export performance in the next year
- Enhance capabilities / skills of entrepreneurs and strategic partners in international business activities
- Enhance networking among businesses and strategic partners relative to international business
The following industry sectors are not eligible: retail / wholesale, real estate, government services, personal / social services and forestry products.* Consultant travel and trade show attendance fees are also not eligible for reimbursement. Applicants may apply once per year.
Applications must be for incremental activity; in other words, applicants cannot make any financial commitments prior to submission, or costs incurred will not be eligible.
Please note that meeting the eligibility requirements does not mean that your application will be approved. All applications are subject to an evaluation process once eligibility is determined.
When you are ready to apply, please complete the online application form.
EMAP. Helping SMEs improve export performance.